I forgot to mention there is a 125grain hollow point available in a factory load but I never hunted with it. It shot ok on paper but never hunted with it (Wal-Mart ammo. Another lesson I learned with my 30-30 is about red dot sights. I mounted a TC red dot on my contender and had a hard time finding a deer behind some brush. The sight worked great at the range or in open woods but in heavy cover it is hard to see the deer with the dot even on its lowest setting. I have purchased some cheaper scopes and got expected results. Save your money and wait till you can get a Burris in my opinion, but I prefer sticking with my iron sights for areas where I will be shooting less than 50 yards. Finding a deer in the scope at less than 20 yards is easy enough but hard to tell where the crosshairs are on the deer. One more bit of info. Sports Academy sells some inexpensive 30-30 Monarch ammo that is good for target practice. Do yourself a favor and practice shooting free hand and not just off the bench it makes a difference. I prefer not to have the butt of the grip touching the bench. I just rest the barrel in a V support. This made a difference when shooting freehand. Good luck.

P.S. Don't try carrying the rifle and pistol make the commitment you won't regret it.