i have hunted since i was about 12 years old. hunted a lot of squirrels years ago, and the ocassional rabbit and grouse. in my late teens, i started hunting deer with a rifle. dads old .303 british was the first "deer gun" i ever packed into the woods.
in 1986 i bought my OWN first "deer gun". it's a 7 1/2" stainless redhawk in 44mag. deer hunting was a bit tougher in those days(much lower numbers than today). that, along with being a "greenhorn" meant more woods time per kill.
i finally did take my first handgun deer with my revolver, a small racked 8 point.
i hunted off and on with that pistol, and packed a 6x47 contender into the deer woods some. several more years passed, and i took deer by bow, muzzle loader, and a .270 rifle.
i even went thru a period of neglecting my natural draw to handguns. it was hard to overcome the fear of not being able to reach out with the handgun, especially if the buck of a lifetime presented a shot at extended range.

not being a wealthy person by no means, i figured if i could just get only one more handgun to do my handgunning chores alongside my 7 1/2" redhawk i'd be set. so, i ordered a complete 6br encore from virgin valley custom guns.

imediately the disease hit, and i had to have more! i traded off most anything i owned with long barrels in order to grab up the contenders n encores i wanted. i also went thru a lucky stretch of work related bonuses/overtime etc. this was a big aid in getting me closer to my dream setup.

now........if i could just get one more!........i need a big boomer powerhouse. something like a 300 win mag.....a .338-06......or even a 375JDJ.

ya never know ........they restocked elk that was previously native to Ky. maybe one day i'll get to take one close to home......gotta be prepared ya know.

love shooting, reloading, hunting, and fishing!.......but family is #1

Kentucky….no place like home.