Thanks for the rollcall!
I'm 38 years old, married with 3 kids. I've been addicted to hunting/fishing since I was very young. Me and my Dad shared many a good days chasing whatever was in season. Dad don't hunt anymore(says he's too busy), but I never stopped. Love everything to do with the outdoors. I am the logistics manager for a large manufacturing company here in Vicksburg MS. Through out most of my hunting career, Ive used "gulp" long guns, muzzleloaders and archery gear. I have always been interested in handguning but never got around to trying it. Here in the past few years the excitement I used to get from harvesting a whitetail with the long guns has been deminishing. I will not even raise the rifle to take a doe or a decent buck anymore. With the rifle, I've set my standards so high that it's taken the fun out of the hunt. A lot of my friends feel the same way and have started strickly bow hunting. Me being a total gun fanatic could'nt give up the feeling of toteing a quality firearm. So.........this has really pushed me to the short iron world in a big way!
I did alot of hunting last year with my 3 handguns,(Ruger SRH .44mag with Weaver 4x, a SSK custom contender in 6.5JDJ with Burris 2-7 and one in 309JDJ. Man let me tell ya..... I did get a few shots at does(missed), but I had a blast!!!! The fun and excitement was back. I am hooked for live.
My hunting buddy and best friend (besides the immediate family of course) is my cousin. He is also a member of this forum as well as an avid handguner and we lease a piece of property together in the "delta" region of the state. The shots can be very long, really as far as you can see. Lots of deer and a few hogs, but really hard on a hendgunner with the extended ranges. But we're gonna give it a whirl.....
Anyway........as for short guns for this season, I'll be packing the 6.5JDJ, the new 30/30AI and the Encore in either .260rem or 7-08rem. Our shooting will be from 16' tri pods with shooting rails. Probably be long shots, so I put my time in at the range before hand. Wish me luck!!!!!
I will try and post some pictures of my irons when time permits. Would also like to say that I really enjoy this forum and getting to know everyone. It really seems like a great bunch around here!! Good luck to everyone and "Happy Holidays"

Best,
Randy Smith (JDJHNTR)

Best,
Randy HHI#8049