Hello,I was born and raised in SW Penna. and I'm 44(moved to Ohio in 1980). Been a gun-nut since about 8 when I was 1st allowed to tag along with the coon-hunters that hunted our farm. My high-school has one of the best rifle teams in the state.(yes you read it right, we were state champs 2 out of 4 years I was on it. The range was in the basement of the middle school and I carried my match rifle on the bus every day, try that on a bus today) Also a local gun collector lived near by that had a collection that numbered more than most gun shops. Spent alot of time there. Grew up shooting an old 1896 Krag and when I walked into my local shop there it was. an SSK 14" 30/40 Krag w/TSOB and it's been a down-hill battle ever since. I'm a die-hard traditional bowhunter and have killed alot of stuff over the years and recently killed the 3rd biggest buck killed in Ohio by bow that year and kind-of put bowhunting on the back-burner untill I shoot a monster with a pistol(last year I shot a buck that scored 127 4/8 as a 6-pointer!!). I do alot of reloading for myself and friends. I have the following in Contender:
22-14"
223-14"
6.5JDJ #2(307 parent case)-14" SSK w/TSOB
7-30 Waters-14" w/TSOB
30/40 Krag-14" SSK w/TSOB
357 Max-14"
375 Win.-15" Custom Shop
375JDJ-12" SSK w/full-lenght TSOB
45/410-10"
45/70 SSK-14" w/TSOB
Stared the boys out right buy buying them each SS Encore's in 209x50. I've added to their collection buying them a 220 Swift Custom Shop -26"
300 WinMag Bullberry-26"
450 Marlin -15"
I'm a printer by trade and I've been president for 5years now at one of the biggest sportsmen clubs around. Very active in local high-school sports(I run the chain-gang at the games) and I'm an officer at our local Moose lodge. This leaves little time to hunt ,but I've got the next week and a half off to even out things a little.
Almost forgot, I'm married to a some-what understanding wife when it comes to buying more guns. SSSSHHHH!! She don't know it yet but I recently snuck in a Win M95 in a 405! Don't tell her!