Great thought Kyode! I've been using handguns (M28 and M29) since I was legally able (1974)!! I know have 9 hunting handguns, 3 contender frames and 9 barrels and 3 Encore frames and 8 barrels. I have taken many whitetails and 4 Elk with them. 1st Elk was a 4x5 with a 35 Remington Contender after reading Milek stories in the late '70's. My best Elk is my last, a 6x6 - BC 315 with my 375JDJ at 175yds. We backpacked in and banged this one at 11,000ft. 3 shots broadside with a 285gr Grand Slam. He did n't fall until teh last shot. I thought I missed on teh first shot but after skinning, we found three complete pass-thru shots just behind the shoulder, all within a 4" group. Elk are tough to show hits consistently. I tried this year with the S&W M500 but we couldn't find the Elk. Early snow moved them fast. Of all my calibers, I still shoot the 223 and 338-06 and 375 the most. I use rifles alot too, but mostly for target. I love the challenge of the handguns. Gerry.

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)