Roll call huh? OK, here goes! I'm Mike, I live in the great state of TEXAS, just outside of Houston, I'm 35 years old, I'm a single father raising 2 children, an 8 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. I was married for over 12 years but I lost my wife to Cancer about 3 years ago. I have spent practically my whole life hunting, mostly with my dad and extended family, it's a family thing! We hunted for years in the piney woods of east Texas, and have started hunting out in the arid areas of west Texas for about the last 8 years or so. We'll try just about anything once or twice but mainly we deer hunt, that's our thing. I've got a nice collection of long guns and scatterguns and am currently working on my handgun collection mainly now, there are several left that i'm sure i'll just have to have before i'm finished! I started into the whole handgun thing about 10 years ago, it all started with buying a gun for personal protection/home defense and all kinda fell into place after that. Shortly after buying a few handguns my wife and I both went down and got concealed carry permits, i've kept it active so far but I hardly ever carry. I started entertaining the idea of handgun hunting because there just isn't much challenge left in hunting with a rifle. I got my anaconda first, scoped it, and started going to the range and practicing. Let's just say I was less than impressed with my first confirmed kill with it, which led me to buy the S & W 500, I just scored my first deer with it a few weeks ago and it was all I expected and more! As far as guns go I've got the S&W 500 w/ a scope, a scoped colt anaconda 8.5" barrel, a S&W 686 .357MAG w/ a red dot, a colt 1911 45, a glock 19, a bersa thunder380ACP, a sig P230 380ACP, a browning buckmark 22, a ruger mark II 22, a Desert Eagle 50AE w/ scope, a ruger P89 9MM, a phoenix arms 22, and a few others that I can't recall at the moment (so far!) I spend a bunch of time shooting with my children, both are excellent marksman with the long guns but i've yet to really introduce either to the handguns although i'm sure it's just a matter of tme before I do! My daughter has taken a doe and a nice 8 point buck so far, she loves to hunt. I have also taken the time to introduce several female companions and many younger children to the exciting sport of reacreational shooting and hunting too, everyone needs to do their part to ensure that future generations carry on our time honored traditions of shooting and hunting. It's been my experience that if you have patience and show enthusiasm then it can be an enjoyable experience for anyone that wants to try it out. I'm known by most around me as that "crazy gun guy that lives to shoot and hunt" but I'm totally OK with that, I know what I believe in and that's all that matters!! Well I guess that's me in a nutshell, i'm sure that's more than most wanted to know but if you want to know anything else don't be afraid to ask!

P.S. Take the time to take a kid shooting!