this is what I kind of expected, those of us who hunt elk on a regular basis may chase one with a 41 or 44 if it's what we have to work with but we would do it without any illusions that we have severely handicapped ourselves beyond what you normally would be with a handgun, I'd actually feel more comfortable with my recurve. I'm not trying to knock the 41 and I don't want to disuade anyone from handgun hunting but I think it would be worse if someone went out with a false sense of security we had given them and can't figure out why after put 6 210gr JHC bullets into him he just ran up the ridge and stuck his tongue out at him as he headed for the next county. I know of guys that routinely hunt elk with 243's and 30-30's and they take their share of animals but they miss out on alot because they have to have the perfect shot and regardless of what you see on tv out here it doesn't normally work that way especially when your hunting the coastal rainforest like I am now or my previous stomping grounds around the park border to Crater lake national park, it's all straight up and down with big timber and heavy underbrush.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist