The article on the main page about the monster elk got me to thinking. I don't have a problem with guided hunts and I hope to make it to africa and Alaska one year but do you think that it's starting to get out of hand and similiar to europe where only the rich will be able to hunt the best animals or possibly eventually be the only ones to hunt at all? Do you think when it comes to record books that not only should animals not come out of high fence but only off public land and maybe even have a seperate category for the do it yourselfers like most of us. Again I don't have a problem with guys more fortunate than me that can afford the big dollar hunts but I don't like the ones who's arrogance gives the hunting community a black eye, and I don't have a problem with high fence hunting since for some of us it is the only time we will ever be able to hunt many of these animals but I also don't consider them a trophy in the same way I do a bull or buck I worked my butt off to shoot while avoiding a dozen other hunters. So what do you guys think? One last thing I think we all agree on and that's I wish B&C would do away with net scores and also set up a seperate classification for handguns just like for archery.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist