i am sure this has been covered before but with the big game seasons closed lets here some stories from the past.

my addiction to handguns started long before i could legally owen one. first chance i got i bought a ruger redhawk 44mag. then i added a t/c contender to that.
the first season my father and brother thought i was crazy for hunting opening day of deer season with the contender. they were right i missed a buck 7 times between the t/c and the ruger. that made me pull the rifles back out for that season.

fast forward to the next year opening day after lots of practice i was determined to take a deer with my handcannons.
opening morning i rattled in a small 4 point he would leave then i would rattle and he would come running back. wasnt the kinda of buck i was looking for. when he left the last time i looked over my shoulder and heres comes a nicer buck looking for a fight. panic mode kicked in missed him once at 60 yards he ran out to about 85 yards and put a 200gr bullet from my 35 remington into his shoulder. he ran about 20 yards and piled up.
my brother was hunting on the backside of the land he had to drive past me on the 4wheeler so i just dragged the deer to the trail and waited for him to come out. i was sitting there waiting when he finally drive up he didnt even stop just left me there. he couldnt believe that i killed a deer with handgun. he finally came back about 10 mintues later. they both thought i was crazy until that day when i showed them that it could be done. By the way the buck was just a 15inch tennessee 8pt but still my favorite trophy. had that deer mounted just because that was my first handgun buck.