Originally Posted By: rlb
 Originally Posted By: Gary
I just fail to understand why these morons in the game departments feel compelled to restrict a handgun barrel length. It just shows how ignorant they are about firearms.

IMO, I think the word "Handgun" is what they are looking at. The short barreled automatics are not the most acurate unless you have the muzzle pressed up against the intended target. Therefore this part of the regs helps to discourage the use of them. I know I feel better that the personal defense guns stay at home or in a holster while in the woods. We don't need a bunch of cripled animals running around because someone thought they could make a 50 yard shot with a 4" .45 ACP.

I have tyo agree with this as well i often use a 45acp, for deer and yes if you know the linitations of the cartridge you can cleanly take deer with it at 50yrds, also the Vice President of SIG Sauer uses a 3 1/2" barrel SIG P228 in 357sig to hunt whitetails every year, Hell the 10mm is one of the best inside 100yrd calibers to use for deer.
The restrictions put on handguns are by those in power who dont know enough to understand what they are capeble of, hell here in P.A. we cant even use a Semi-Auto to hunt anything. its a joke and these morons who run these game departments need to get run out of town and we need people whoi know what they are talking about.

As for short barreled autos not being accurate that is just mind boggling that someone would still think this, i have seen and own some semi-autos that will out shoot any single shot on the planet, sorry but it is a fact. now that all being said i still grab my contender when i go hunting but i also take my S&W 625 in .45acp, with a 3" barrel and have taken quit a few doe with it. its all shot placement even with a short barrel pistol.

Last edited by TCUMan; 09/27/2009 6:57 PM.

.257JDJ, 6.5JDJ, 6TC/U, 7TC/U, and soon to be,
6.5-284, 7 Sundance MOA.