I love single action revolvers. I have since I was 12 years old. Maybe its because I seen them as a right of passage into manhood, or my ticket into the higher ranks of fellow hunters, ... even though I feel I haven't harvested enough critters to deserve that elite rank. My father's only handgun was his Ruger Super Blackhawk, it was blued, scoped, and had custom wood grips, and a handmade leather holster. Im not sure how he swindled enough money from his paycheck to aquire these extras? He only got $20. a week from my stepmother! During long car rides with just him & I, hunting was always the topic. And the way he praised that gun, I knew it had to be something special. So when I turned 18 I bought my own.
Handling a fine single action, you notice the weight, and the balance, ... listen to the crisp "clicks" from the cylinder gracefully twirling, the way the thing functions flawlessly. Its just a fine example of a perfectly crafted tool that will withstand the test of time. Like a Zippo lighter.
I love spending time outdoors, away from everything, and having a Ruger Single Action revolver on my hip. This is when I am the happiest, and fits my own definition of FREEDOM!