I've been making some scope levels for myself and some friends. I just ordered vials to make another batch and wondered if anyone on the board would like one.

Here is what they look like. It's a 1" Weaver style low ring with the base cut and flat filed. The level holder is then JB Weld'ed to the flat surface, painted black then vial inserted.

When mounted behind the turret it can easily be seen from field positions w/o lifting your head. Compared to the Burris target turret, the overall level height is about half the turret height....this makes it about as tall as a typical short turret. This is also handy since the target turret is viewable to dial in elevation if you like to use the knobs versus aiming over if shooting varmints.

I bought a flip up level before deer season ($30 plus shipping)and discovered that most of the time when I wanted to use it, the level was flipped down to keep from breaking it...so I had to break form, flip it up then get back into position. This low mount that I made is just as easy to see and does not need flipped up for use.

Looking at Midway, a low mount like this goes for about $30 plus shipping. I reckon I can make and ship them for about $20...maybe less when I figure out how much it would cost to ship postal.

Shoot me a PM or drop a note here if you think you would be interested.

Last edited by Dan B.; 03/15/2010 6:53 PM.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.