The gadgetry is what makes this sport fun if you can afford it. If you can't afford it but still have teh basics and good loading practices AND time to do it right you can make it happen. Part of the challenge for me is to do something others tell me can't be done. I only factory TC barrels in my Encore and Contender except for my 375JDJ because I wanted one of JDJ's materpieces. I do nt suffer teh accuracy problems others on this site say exist with TC barrels. I even bought a used, beat up 30 Herrett at a show for $50 bucks cuz the guy said it was inaccurate. after a good cleaning and recrowning, I loaded it with Milek's favorite 125gr bullet and killed a deer. Not it wasn't at 250 yards but I didn't buy it for that. I do have some long range barrels that I take to DanB's SWPA shoot and I have never been embarrased. I will hunt until I die. Yes things like this change, but change is everyday and biological. everything must change. Be adaptive, flexible and keep it simple and have all the fun your time, budget or space will allow! I wished my son hunted but he doesn't. He is a fish-a-holic though so that fills my time with him. Its tough to shoot on Saturday and fish on Sunday or vice versa, but life it tough. In a nutshell--shoot all you can, hunt all you can and YOU DON'T really need all the gadgets. I did break down and buy a chrony! Its teh one gadget I needed.

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)