Anyone that owns a break barrel firearem needs to go to the Mike Bellm web and absorb what he has to say about reloading for them. I set up my reloading dies and sizing operation with a feeler gauge. Back off your sizing die to a point where it is just missing the shoulder. I will then measure the distance between the shell holder and the bottom of the die with a feeler gauge. Size a cartridge, place it in the chamber and insert a .002 feeler gauge between the base of the case and the action and close the action. If it is tight, won't pull out adjust the die down a couple of thousands (check it with the feeler gauge between the die and shell holder) resize the case and again check the clearance between the base of the cartridge and the frame. (you are making two measurements in this procedure, die to shell holder and base of case to frame) Adjust until you have .0015 to .002 clearance. Then check the clearance between the die and shell houder with the feeler gauge and record that in your reloading manual so you can always go back to that measurement. My setup is .019 between the die and shell holder. Doing this will virtually eliminate two of the problems that Contenders have that cause misfires.

Good Shooting!