Hey there mates, Just thought l better pass my approval on the new site Gaz. Very good if a little confusing at first.Been watching a few of your news programs,boy are you guys doing it hard in some parts of the country with the snow and all. At present our average days are around 90 to 105 degrees so hunting is out of the question. I've used the time to play though. I just got my met. sil. load for the 41Mag worked out. Took John Taffins advice and are using 8grains of AP70 (Equal to Unique)behind a 210gn SWC. Supper soft recoil but also nice and flat shooting. The 257JDJ is back on a diet of 117BTs at about 2500fps and just over 1/2" groups at a hundred and my 309 is ready to chuck out some 125gn BTs. A mate in Tassie,Craig, has been using these out of his 309 and has been droping wallabies out to 400metres without a problem. It'll be interesting to see how they go on the deer. I've been playing with my 7x30 Waters barrel to try and get a load for that but with no real luck but DanB has suggested a load for me so l sat down last night and have done up a dozen rounds to try. If l can get this one working OK that will be my fallow deer load in Tassie this year. In May Craig and l are heading to NSW to chase some pigs then across to South Australia. Im going to try for a Red deer whilst Craig is after a Rusa again. I'm hoping to get one of JDs .338JDJ barrels over in time for this hunt but if not l'll go with the 309 and 165s. In the meantime Joan and l head of to the Hawkesbury River for a week on a houseboat according to her to fish and relax according to me to fish,relax and keep an eye out for goats on the cliffs along the river. A nice little white number to set of the black l already have on the wall would be nice! Anyhow enough from me for now. Catch you all later. regards Dave. david.pickford@shepparton.vic.gov.au