I prefer Leupold but they are much costlier and having been on this sight for over five years now I've seen in the posts made that burris failures outnumber Leupold failures 10 to 1 and I've also noticed that is primarily with scopes bought new within that time and the big spike in posts on failures started between two and three years ago. The other thing I don't like about them is compared to their equals in other brands they are bulky and heavy. The one exception to my thoughts is the 3-12 but that's only because no one else is making a long eye relief in that high of power. I actually prefer Nikon, Bushnell Elite and Weaver over the Burris. I'm the same with rifles right now on the long guns I have scoped I have 9 Leupolds, 1 Nikon, and 1 Simmons Aetec, 3 Bushnell's (2 on 22's). At one time I had as many as 14 Leupold handgun scopes on revolvers and various barrels but after getting rid of my X frames and their Leupold which Tig now has and my single shot stuff I only have three revolvers scoped, 2 have Leupold 2X's and 1 has a Bushnell red dot that had survived my 45-70BFR. Those scopes set on rifle calibers up to 458 Lott and T/C's to two 375JDJ's and 45-70's and in revolvers the 500 and 460 Xframes and custom Rugers 475 and 500 Linebaugh and out of the three dozen or four dozen I've owned in my lifetime I've had one failure and that was after the third time my 475 sheared the mounting screws and the scope hit the ground for the third time knocking the ocular lens loose. In my opinion if you can't afford the Leupold the Nikon, Bushnell Elite and especially the Weaver are the better deals for the money although I have to admit other than with rifles I haven't used Nikon or Weaver variables on handguns.JMHO

Last edited by wapitirod; 06/14/2010 8:46 PM.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist