I finally got my reloading kit and am ready to start learning to make my own. I just purchased the cheap Lee Challenger kit to get me started to see how it goes. I've also got my dies, calipers, 2 reloading manuals, tumbler and media. I will be starting out on 38/357 rds. for my 686-3. And I am getting ready to order my componets. I have decided on CCI primers, Unique powder and am trying to decide on what bullets to order. I will be ordering from Powder Valley. And I have decided to stick with 158 gr. exclusively. Naturally for self defence or hunting I will order some Hornady XTP's. But for plinking and range time were FN,RN or the like will suffice. I'm having a hard time chosing. For jacketed bullets you have economical choices with Berry's and Zero (remember target pratice, trigger time). And then there is the cast bullet option that offers more bang for the buck. Can I shoot cast bullets exclusivley in my revolver without harming it? Or should I mix it up with both cast and jacketed? Just trying to shoot as much as possible for as little $ as possible. Should I stay away from cast bullets altogether? So I don't have to worry about leading. Please help.

Shoot Straight
Shoot Safe
Shoot Often