Originally Posted By: TCMan
Well, the way I see it they are both GREAT cartridges capable of taking anything on the face of the planet. Kind of like comparing the 270 with the 3006, you can split hairs on which one is better but they both cleanly harvest game. If I had to chose one again I would do what I did this time. See which one I could get cheaper. (PS, I acquired my SRH in 480 for 500)

Duane
Don't blame you! I have said it already but won't argue the point as I see these guy's read more than I do! you made a good choice and like you said, you would have to read more than we do to see the difference on real game!! These guys are rediculous! QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE?? And most hunters who have used both small light fast and big heavy realize and have proven in real life, you will do a lot better in heavy brush than the guy using the 308 or 6 mm. BEEN THERE and DON"T DO THAT NO MORE! I usually can't see more than about 30 to 50 yards where I like to hunt. If I can then I would use something smaller. that is all I'll say, and I'll leave this for the White Rhino and Elephant pro's. ?????????
;\)