My very heavy loads have led me to a couple things to help keep a uniform held bullet in the case thru the recoil of the previous rounds being shot. The first thing I do is use an old combo die, it is a 45 colt acp rcbs set. I have another set marked 45 colt 454 casual. and a third set marked 460 S&W. the later 2 seem to size the case a little larger than the 45 acp 45colt set, as this set leaves the bullet slightly enlarge the portion of the case it sets in. then the next thing I do in these three calibers is use a redding profile crimp die, and a heavy crimp, I crimp as heavy as I can as I dont over crimp but use a very heavy crimp! This is very important for accuracy at extended revolver range. The most important thing is to keep the bullet with the exact same tension for all shots in the cylinder. I think a strong crimp is more important with cast bullets even in a single shot, I always crimp my cast bullets in my single shot, I don't crimp my jacketed loads in my encores, but it is still important to keep all tension the same from round to round. One other thing I have seen many do with crimped revolver brass is not keep an eye on case length!! this is very important as there will be no way to control crimp and seating tension with cases longer and shorter from one to another. This is what I do with all my revolver calibers and over the years I have had excellent results from 32 long to 460 S&W!!

Last edited by wildcatter; 12/26/2010 1:16 AM.