I have a dilemma and though the wonderful users on this forum could help.

I am going to be able to get a couple of new barrels. I was going to get one for the Contender and one for the Encore. The Contender was pretty easy for me. Already having a 12in 221 Fireball, 12 & ˝in 30-30 AI and a 14in 257 GNR, I went with a MGM 15 & 7/8in 357 Max.

Know the Encore is a little harder and where I would like some feedback. I currently have a 17in 375 H&H, 17in 8mm GNR, 16.5in 270 Win, 15in 25-06. My first reaction was a 338-06 AI but it really doubles my 8mm GNR to a “T”. (The 8mm GNR is shooting a 200gr Acc at 2600 FPS.) My next thought was a varmint rig. I found a 20in 6mmBR over at Ed’s TC’s but when I called he had already sold it. It had me thinking. I have been deliberating over a 20in full bull in 6mm TCU. I have lots of 223 brass and it is very reasonable to shoot. I was also thinking about a 1/10 twist. I am starting to have my doubts and I am heavily deliberation a 243 Win. I don’t have to push it. With a 20in barrel I could back off 3-4 grains and still get 3000fps with an 80gr bullet. If I needed I could pull ammo off the shelf and brass is readily available. I love the 6mm TCU, but if I went this route I wouldn’t have to fireform and could “load down” to 6mmTCU or 6mm-223. Vel. Brass would last a loooong time. What do yall think?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin