After registering a couple of years back it is way past time to introduce myself. Charles Lenz, married, retired and living in Bulverde, Texas. My first handgun was a .177 Diana pellet pistol which I did little with but plink occasionally. Next I bought a .22 revolver, home defense for my wife. That was a real “Saturday Night Special” that neither of us shot much as the cylinder didn’t align properly and would shave lead! Next came a Ruger Mark II Bull Barrel that after a year or two some thief decided I no longer needed.
After bow hunting with everything from a rawhide backed Osage bow to the latest compound I decided I wanted to try handgun hunting. Of course I went the most difficult route and bought a .45 flintlock or as one member here stated “flinchlock”. As anyone experienced with handguns would expect that didn’t work out for me. I now have a Taurus 608 .357 that I began to get serious about last year. Due to my vision not being what it once was I started with a Tru Glo red dot which I wasn’t to pleased with and replaced with a Simmons 2 power scope. But after trying to get on (and stay on) hogs that didn’t stand still feeding amongst deer that I didn’t want to shoot I now have an Ultra Dot Match Dot.. I put it on right after this past season, have not got to the range but believe it will satisfy my needs.

Charlie