Guys after seeing his new T-Rex gun he just had built, it reminded me of an interesting story i heard him tell me once. Back in the day (80's?) he was preaching (both religion and long range) down in TX somewhere. He got pretty well known around those parts as the shooting preacher no doubt and got to know a lot of the local cops. At the time he had a BR-type long range RIFLE (believe it or not) in some wildcat 6.5 cal. Had a nice big old Leupold optic on top and it looked BAD-TO-THE-BONE, let me tell you.

Well he gets a call 1 day from the cops about this dog in this small town of his who was wreaking havoc with the locals--more than Ernie himself actually (yeah--i know, hard as it is to believe). They wanted him to shoot it with his super-duper rifle if they could get it cornered. Well before u know it all helll breaks loose and everybody's gotta' check it out. All through the wires it's going around about the local cops trying to shoot a "perp" (short for perpetrator, I guess. Cop lingo I suppose). Anyway Ernie and all his police buddies are set up over the hood of a pickup ready to do some blastin' when this state cop (i think it was) shows up on the scene all excited wondering what in the heck is going on with this civilian getting ready to shoot a criminal (the perp). Supposed to be all freaked out about it i guess. When they tell him it's actually a dog and not a guy he calms down i guess. The way E tells it though it was a GREAT story. Here's to wishin' i'd have been there for that 1. Never did get the dog though, i hear--dang perps!

Just brought this story to mind when i saw the T-Rex gun, and thought u guys might get a kick out of it. I know i sure did.

Sorry for the interrupt guys. Carry on!

Steve