I may have not written the initial post correctly. I meant Handgun Hunters that hunt with revolvers instead of other handguns, mainly single shots. I was just curious. It sounds like most Handgun Hunters that have been at it for awhile have used both but lean towards the ol revolver.

I hear you about hunting and choice of weapons. I too pursue one of the most sought after game animals, Dall Sheep. I use my rifle for those rascals because of the nature of the hunt and love my Kimber 325. Lot's of hiking long distances in tough terrain with heavy packs just get to them. Then to have a full curl ram at 300yds in open terrain on day 9 of a 10 day hunt would be enough to make this grown man cry
\:\(
Especially since each time I'm in the sheep mountains I don't know that it may be my last. But, maybe someday..... Dall Sheep with revolver.... I just need to get psyched up for the fact that I may have to watch a ram walk away at 150-400yds. I've never shot or seen a shot closer than 165yds and have never been in a position to be able to close the gap. But, it can be done. Guys have taken them with bows.

I've shot lots of moose with rifles but really want to get one with my revolver. Once that's done, the next pursuit may have to be Moose/Griz with the 454 levergun with open sites and sheep with 45 Colt.

Good luck on your Elk hunt.

Originally Posted By: Gregg Richter
 Originally Posted By: Snyd
I'm curious to know how many around here hunt with revolvers only?

That "revolvers only" category puts almost everybody here that answered, completely out. The more common answer was that revolvers were NOT the exclusive hunting weapon, handgun or not.

And I feel that is fine.

Why? Because I am a HUNTER. Hunting for me is a passion as well as a lifestyle.

For that very reason, I hunt with whatever weapon I need to or WANT TO, at the moment. So as not to go into too much more "explaining," let me say it more simply:

Let us take one of America's most sought after trophy: Bull Elk.

To make my point simple: I have hunted and killed bull elk with: rifles, revolvers (iron sights and scoped,) single shot handguns, muzzleloader rifles, muzzleloader handgun (iron sights), and bow and arrow.

I am a hunter, and I choose to hunt.

I love hunting with revolvers, and that will be my primary elk weapon this year for a video I am filming.

But I choose not to limit myself to one weapon only.

But, that is just me, and my burden; I was born a hunter.