Started out as revolver hunter - used revolvers primarily in my bow setups or as an "accessory" to the rifle hunt, depending on how distant game was spotted. Didn't have much interest in the Contender and Encores and other SP's. Then I started to leave the rifle at home more during gun season, and I shot an SP...

Fast forward to multiple frames, barrels, platforms (Encores, Tenders, XP's), more revolvers, and these dang Internet forums.

Gregg put it much more eloquently...but I'm a hunter. This year I'll carry a bow, muzzleloader, handgun, rifle and shotgun. I will hunt during all of the seasons here locally, while trying to stay gainfully employed and happily married. With liberal bag limits and bountiful deer and hog population here in the Carolinas, it has enabled me to use multiple guns/weapons during a single season, a benefit some other states and hunters don't get to enjoy. However, I prefer to use handguns for my big game hunting during modern firearms season, and will probably only carry one rifle this year to "break it in" - custom build from last year that is virginal. But I consider myself a handgun hunter first. And that includes "stockless rifles".

I do hold a special place in my heart (and my gun safe) for my wheelguns, scoped and unscoped. (See my Freedom Arms addiction for further explanation) But I like them all, whether it be my iron-sighted .45LC or my newest addition .300 Whisper Contender. They all have their place in the rotation and place in my woods...

My 500WE and 257JDJ get to take a stroll this very afternoon - hogs and whitetails on the menu. The WE gets the nod out to 100...wish me luck!