I can see that this thread could go in many directions but I will confine myself to "revolver Hunter" for this post. I have owned and used single shot handguns in the past in various calibers as I have owned high tech bolt action rifles and compound bows. I find that nowdays I enjoy keeping things simple. When I bow hunt it is with either an old Herters take-down recurve that is whisper quiet, no sights as I shoot instictively, or a no-name longbow that I picked up at an archery show a couple of years ago. Most of the bolt guns have been replaced with leveractions in various calibers (22,30-30, 35Rem, 300Sav, 444)and I no longer have any single shot handguns (and only a few semi-autos). Plenty of revolvers in the safe. I started using the Ruger BH 41 mag a couple of years ago and prefer that gun for deer hunting. Where I hunt most of my shots are within 50 yards so the revolver works well for me. I really like the revolver for hunting as do several of my friends, especially in the heavily wooded,swampy areas where we hunt.

Bo

"As for Me and My Family, We will Serve the Lord"
SMSGT, USAF, Retired