nature is a puzzle. when i was young, we would limit out on pheasants, every day for the first two weeks of the month long season. On weekends we would be limited out by noon- that was four to six of us hunting behind setters and pointers. then the birds disappeared, and i know you think that it was because we were game hogs, but one of our party was the head biollogist from the DEC. He claimed that we weren't the deciding factor in the demise of the pheasant population. claimed it was due to changing agricultural practices and loss of habitat. I trapped and hunted foxes all thru high school and college, during that time I chased coon dogs all night long and never once saw or heard a coyote, in 1978 the coyotes moved into Livingston county. We killed eight that first year, and knew of maybe a dozen others that were caught or killed by the predator callers, they have been around ever since they are great sport, but we can't get rid of them. When you see what a forty pound coyote does to deer and sheep, it's not hard to imagine what kind of damage a 100+ pound canine killing machine can do. Makes me wonder what were they thinkin about when they brought them back and then thought they were going to protect them.