I haven’t been around much so let me just say I don’t want to kill a dead hoarse… LOL

I would go with the 357 Max! I have had a 44 mag barrel and own a 375 Win barrel, the 357 Max is cheap to shoot, low in recoil and just flat out awesome!!! Mine is a 15 7/8in MGM with a 2-6 Bushnell on top of it. I am getting 5/8ths in groups at 100 with 180gr XTP’s and sup 1/2in groups with a 180 HCGC!

I don’t know if I would use the 158’s, but that is just MHO. I have been using them in my Herrett to fireform loads and they are “heck-on-wells” on critters. But, I have found they don’t penetrate well… Side shots, no problem. Longways, they will not penetrate out of a mature coon and they have almost completely come apart. The core is complete gone and the petals are all the way folded back. “I” wouldn’t use them at all on a deer or pig.

Go look on Bellems websight. Dan White, I think that is his name, did a LOT of research on bullets in the 357 Max. It might be worth your time.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin