dc74,
Thanks, but I don't claim to be a great shot or anything. I'm sure lots of guys here would put me to shame. I've shot revolvers a lot though. I had a S&W 629, Taurus, and a different SBH in 44mag. Once my little brother and I started casting our own 44 bullets out of wheel weights, the costs went down, and we shot more often. Now I'll have to get set up for the 45.

For me, at 45yrds, the sight picture is more challanging than holding steady. Those iron sights look awefully big. I try to focus on the front sight, and put it on the "fuzzy" target.

Last year I shot a doe at 40yrds offhand with my young cousins sitting next to me on a log. But that's another story...

As to the "poor boys trigger job", it's easy, and only takes a few minutes.

1. take either grip panel off. Doesn't matter which. Lift the spring arm off the post on one side. It will be obvious what I mean when you get in there. This lightens the trigger pull considerably.

2. Make sure gun is unloaded. Cock hammer. Apply firm pressure forward on the hammer as you pull the trigger. Repeat this a few times. This smooths out the trigger pull.

I have done this to a couple of different SBHs, and it makes a world of difference from the stock trigger.

I didn't come up with it, but I sure like it.

WARNING: I can not say for sure that this will not harm the gun. Do your own research to decide if you think it is safe for your gun. It has been hashed over a lot here and on other sites.

MN