Ruger Super Duper RedHawk 9-1/2" in 480 Ruger.
Black UltraDot 30mm in Ruger Factory Rings.
Back-up Front Sight Marble Green Fiber Optic.
Grips changed to Hogue Tamer.

Bullets: Oregon Trail 355g Lead Gas Check.
Powder: 20.0 Grains of AA #9
Primers: CCI Magnum Large Pistol

The Oregon Trail Bullet replaced my old load for this year, which was a 400g Lee cast from wheelweights. Over 18.0g of AA#9.

I have the 355g load dead on at 50 yards, and about 6 inches low at 100 yards. A switch to my old 400g Lee load put 5 of 5 dead on the paper desert plate at 100 yards.

I have been thinking about a different Zero Yardage of 75 yards. This may be a better Zero yardage for where I hunt in the woods.

My Primary hunting spot will be Haunted Hollow. This is a valley with 2 side valleys intersecting it on either side of my stand location. The valley floor opens up into about a 3 acre bottom right infront of my stand. I have my big ladder stand set up about half way up the point on the South side of the valley. My shots should be from 35 to app 100 yards,Unless the deer decide not to use the established trails. I have a couple spots where I could shoot on the opposite hill side. (Haunted Hollow, The valley has an old tree with a growth on it that looks like a face.)
Location #2 is on the NE corner of a valley that runs across our property that I have been clearing off. Shots could be from under foot to possibly 150 yards.
I probably need to make a quick midday run my both stands for a quick laser session to determine a maximum shot from both stands. I may need to pop a couple more caps at the range and see where the 480 is shooting a little further off. Good time to do that 75 yard Zero I was talking about, then shoot at 50 and 100 to see where we are at. I think I have enough ammo loaded to do that without getting to low on 355g.

I have my Cliff Bars, and my Lances Crackers on hand. Probably should get some hard candy to suck on. Counting today we are at 3 days and a wake-up till opening morning.

I probably should get to sharpening on my hunting knives, and check the blade on my meat saw. I have put the bale spikes back on my tractor front end loader to hoist them up. I am about ready. Being retired and having some time to do things without rushing around is nice.

Bob

Last edited by Bob R; 11/09/2011 2:59 PM.

See You At The Range