I too have an "UltraDot" product and like it. It has been on my 7x30 Contender for three years now and has performed flawlessly. Can't remember the model number but it has the single 3moa dot.

For deer hunting it has been very good. Needlessly to say it is great for those very early/late shot opportunities when the light is not good. Essentially if you can see the deer you can shoot.

My gun with the red dot will shoot 1.5"-2" groups at 150 yards using the Federal factory shells. The red dot will cover up some of your target so it is NOT a precise long range target sight. For hunting deer at reasonable ranges mine has been perfect.

You do have to turn it on and off. This is not much of a concern but is something different from using a traditional scope. Battery life? Mine is three years old and I haven't changed the batteries yet. I called the distributor in Crystal River, Florida and ordered direct from him at about $125.

Before purchasing I did some research and found that many of the US high speed pistol shooters and competitors use the UltraDot scope on their 45 autos and others. That was good enough for me.

Hope this helps.

Dave1
davisalf@aol.com